Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Chex Mix Muddy Buddies


I've been super busy lately with cosmetology school, so on my day off I quickly whipped up a batch of these for some friends and family. Only to come home today and find a note on my fridge from my siblings begging for more. I felt pretty special.








I figured most people have this recipe, but I might as well share it still! (: This may just be about the easiest treat out there. Its a definite crowd-pleaser and its hard to resist the beautiful pair of peanut butter and chocolate. Whenever I make this I hate myself for the next two days because I can't help but sit and snack on it. Its highly addictive.

This chex mix has been made in my family for the longest time. My cousin would always take it to Lake Powell, so for me this is a recipe that carries childhood memories with it! Super precious, right?

I usually tend to double the recipe whenever I make this. Eight cups is just never enough!




Start off by melting the chocolate chips & peanut butter. You can melt it in the microwave stirring every 45 seconds, however, I just melt it on the stove because its easier for me.




The recipe calls for semi-sweet chips, but I have a big sweet tooth so I prefer milk chocolate chips. Its really personal preference on this one. The semi-sweet chips create a good balance from the richness of the chocolate, the nutty aroma of the peanut butter, and the sweetness of the powdered sugar its coated in.

After the chocolate is melted and smooth, pour over the chex mix cereal and mix until it is all covered in chocolate. After that transfer it to a large ziplock bag with the powdered sugar in it. Seal the bag tight and shake it to coat the cereal in powdered sugar.

Lay it out on wax paper, then store it in an airtight container.

happy snacking!!(:






Chex Mix Muddy Buddies

8 cups chex cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 cups powdered sugar

Measure cereal into large bowl. Set aside. Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter until smooth. Pour over cereal and stir to coat. Then place in a large ziplock back containing powdered sugar and shake to coat once more. Lay on wax paper and let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment