Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins



I had my first vegan baking experience the other day (': It was really just like any other baking experience I had, no worries you guys it worked out wonderfully!

I have the privilege of nannying the two cutest boys. Not only do they babysit pet alligators, double as ninja turtles, and have an obsession with jumping on air mattresses, but they are quite the pastry chefs.



They insisted on their mom's recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, let me just tell you, it's a gem. They are super healthy and it doesn't come at the expense of losing any of the tasty pumpkin flavor. You won't even be able to tell that they are vegan.

For me, I have quite the sweet tooth and I would recommend adding more maple syrup or sugar to the recipe. However, without they were still worth eating a dozen of them and you won't even feel guilty after!


The recipe goes as follows:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
pinch of allspice
pinch of cloves
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
(1/4+ cup sugar, optional)
1/3 cup coconut oil  (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips

In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. In liquid measuring cup combine pumpkin, syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix together wet and dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop into greased muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment